Are you ready for the academic adventure of a lifetime ? or do you want to join a short course overseas and immerse yourself in a new culture, improve your English language skills, and experience a world-wide campus tour ?
Come and Join us!
INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC COMPARATIVE STUDY (IICS) – BATCH 5
[ Malaysia – Singapore – Thailand ]
The world is a book and those who do not travel, read only one page (st.Agustine)
Recently, studying abroad has become a new trend for young people to expand their education beyond their traditional education style and their everyday world.
Johnson and Mulholland (2006) observes that international education is an opportunity to increase the awareness of the people about the culture of the world. It also can contribute to create individuals with a broader understanding of issues concerning today’s society rather than limiting them in the scope of home educational system. In this point of view, by studying abroad students may gain the opportunity to learn more about world affairs and increase their acceptance of other countries regardless of the differences in cultures and languages.
Santri Mengglobal is an educational community which mainly encourages Indonesian students particularly santri (students of Islamic boarding school) to study overseas and to open their perspectives that International education is essential. It may help santri to broaden their knowledge globally as well as develop their global-minded. In order to reach these goals, this community would like to conduct an international trip entitled ‘International Islamic comparative study (IICS)’ in Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore.
We do believe that International Islamic comparative study (IICS) would then be an effective and accessible mean for santri to experience international exposure on education as well as learn from different cultures, languages, academic environment and system. It is expected that santri participating in this program would learn on ‘how to be a great Santri Scholars’ in the future.
The objectives of International Islamic comparative study (IICS) 2023 are:
- To build an international network for Santri Scholars at international level
- To experience another culture, language, environment and education system.
- To increase the self- confidence of Santri Scholars
- To encourage Santri Scholars to work on team project
- To develop Santri Scholars’ english speaking skill
The main-targeted participants of this program would be students aged 14 – 35 from different institutions and background of study in Indonesia. But, this program is also opened for teachers and long-life learners.
This is a six-days program and will be held in Malaysia,Thailand and Singapore on 04 – 09 July 2023. The program will be strictly in compliance with security and health protocol according to COVID-19 regulations in the Southeast Asia. Participants joining the venue should be fully vaccinated and booster vaccination is recommended. Further information regarding this will be provided in due course.
The program’s fee is IDR 4.950.000 (flight from Jakarta) and registration fee will be IDR 350.000. This fee covers many facilities, including Flight ticket (return), meals 3 times/day, international forum, hotels, T-Shirt, city tour, ID card, mineral water 1 bottle/day, insurance (Malaysia and Singapore) and program certificate. The fee excludes (WILL NOT COVER): Professional guide + driver and tips (IDR 50.000/participant), Chop paspor + Travel insurance in Thailand (IDR100.000/participant), Paspor fee, and personal expenses.
- Hotel & Transportation Cost
- Bus and Tour Guide
- Halal Food (During Trip)
- Travel Insurance
- 7 Kg Cabin Baggage
- International Certificate
- Mineral Water (1 Bottle/Day)
- Exclusive T-shirt
- Cultural and Heritage Exposure (Makam Habib Nooh, Singapore, Masjid Selat Melaka & Central Mosque Songkhla)
- World Class University Visit (Universiti Malaya)
- Scholarship Info Session & Coaching (National University of Singapore)
- Leadership Talk (KJRI Johor Bahru, Malaysia)
- English Speaking Practice with Foreigners and Market Research (Red Square Melaka)
- Cultural Visit and International Exposure (KLCC Petronas, Putrajaya, Melaka, Batu Caves, Merlion Park, Masjid Sultan, Universal Studio, Floating Market, Pasar ASEAN, Tan Kwan Hill)
+62 815 1797 6399
(Admin IICS 5 – 2023)
( 31 March – 30 April 2023 )
See you, don’t forget to invite other relatives too!